Monday, October 25, 2010

My goodness where does this goodness come from?

I've been rebelling from following recipes for quite awhile now. My preference is to rely on inspiration and the bits of knowledge I've picked up. It would be a shame just to throw some food together because of laziness or lack of time, food must be made with intent. Tonight I did just that...actually the past two nights I've done that. First I will explain what I did with the meal pictured and then I shall share with you how to turn tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches gourmet. 


1.1 Get the steak marinating.

1.2 Potatoes:
Boil finely diced kale and cubed potatoes in water with salt and a little cayenne. Drain water once a knife inserts into a potato chuck easily (avoid getting too soft). Pour some olive oil in a skillet over med high head, brown the potatoes/kale, add salt/pepper, parsley, all purpose seasoning, when just about done add some butter for a nice brown color and additional flavor.

3. Wax beans: 
canned garden wax beans, butter, salt/pepper

4. "Baked" beans:
1 can black beans
1 can red beans
ketchup
yellow mustard
grade B maple syrup
Worcestershire sauce
olive oil
lemon juice
salt/pepper
tabasco sauce
Rinse and drain beans, combine in pan, add ingredients to make sauce (use less as the list goes down, the ketchup is the greatest and the tabasco is the least).

5. Steak:
leftover steak that had been lightly cooked. Marinade in red wine vinegar, olive oil, fresh parsley, salt/pepper while working on other parts of the meal. When potatoes are done set them aside and use skillet to heat steak. Put some olive oil in the skillet with the burner on high, when the oil is hot (be careful) poured steak and marinade in skillet, sprinkle with just enough flour, turn heat down to med low, stir, let thicken and heat up.

------

Tomato soup:
2 cans Campbell's tomato soup
1 can Rotell diced tomatoes and chili peppers (has a definite kick)
1 can chicken broth (instead of milk)
4 cloves garlic
1 med minced onion
T olive oil
2 t dried cilantro
{I think that is all, I cannot completely remember)

For the sandwiches, use smoked gouda, smoked cheddar, or havarti cheese.

~~~~
Try wearing lace, it is very feminizing; just do not over do it.

As for MUSIC: 
The Black Keys "Set You Free" is one of my favorite songs and the bands new music video "Tighten Up" is pretty funny. I like their sense of humor. Speaking of favorite songs, "We're Going To Be Friends" by The White Stripes will never get old.
I posted the video because I do not know how to imbed them, "Boyfriend" by Best Coast has been stuck in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment