Wednesday, January 12, 2011

RaspyBerry Red



I love berries, especially raspberries.

My Oma has a long row of raspberry bushes and a couple years ago she gave me some which have spread and produced sweet little treats here at my home too. Very exciting.
One thing she does that is a fond childhood memory is her raspberry juice concentrate. Dilute it with a little water and add sugar - tastes great over creme of wheat or oatmeal mmm.
Recently she gave me a couple jars :D. Now I am on a mission of finding ways of putting it to proper use.

Here is a delicious Raspberry Vinaigrette:

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup raspberry juice concentrate
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
1/4 tsp ground oregano
1/8 tsp vegetable pepper (1/4 tsp black pepper)
1/8 tsp ground marjoram
1/8 tsp ground thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment