Monday, January 3, 2011

Vampire Weekend

Dear Boston (Ladies of Cambridge), I love you and cannot stop listening to you repeatedly. If I were ever to be a groupie it would be for well-educated and talented Vampire Weekend - certainly one of my favorites.

For Christmas I made two cherry pies ... it was pie, it was good, need I say more?

Christmas just wasn't Christmas this year, but New Years was a fun time. I know for certain that New Years will continue to be much more fun once I reach my twentieth years/second decade.



 Grande Cane VERSES Piccolo Gatto





Since sweet, toxically happy, (did I mention spazz) cat homicidal killer Scarbur has left me catless, I got a kitten for free from a friend.  Named it Una (one in Italia) because it is my little 'one' and is my only cat. Soon it shall help eradicate the mice domination of our property.


Scarbur is not the only cat-killer...Bailey is too, but her prey is a bit younger. When Bailey is out of heat her little body for some reason gets confused and prepares to have babies which means the little weiner dog produces milk. I had a snowball fluff of an orphan kitten and didn't want to buy formula so tried using Bailey, which barely worked because I had to hold Bailey down. One day when I though she was outside I took a shower and discovered that she was not and had killed the little kitten that she had been forced to sleep with the past couple days so it would meow. During the Summer I happened upon three orphaned kittens and Bailey so happened to have milk at that time too so it worked for a couple days; I maybe could have successful kept three kittens alive without formula (milk, egg, colostrum homemade mix and some dog milk haha) which is an impressive and unlikely feat, but had to go on an annual three-day camping trip so the kitten trio (need continual feeding/monitoring) and weiner dog came along. One of the nights Bailey got left in the van accidentally and killed the kittens! Gosh what as waste of time and energy twice. Ugh! 

Papa Murphey's Chicago pizza is very good. Very filling and better when topped with parmesan, garlic sprinkle and veggie pepper. 

I am glad Spring won't be long because I need to tone up and lose some weight. I miss my abs.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! :) In the second picture of Scarbur, she is looking at you all coy like her look says; "you nauty boy are you going to come get me or not" haha

    ReplyDelete