Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wanting what you shouldn't have

Big proponent of butter? I am ... butter makes everything better. Except for when you're lactose intolerant.

About a year ago I was informed that since being born I've very likely been lactose intolerant. Cheese and milk weren't too much of a problem to avoid - am not that strict though. A lot of soups that called for cheese I have found are actually better without it. When it comes to eating cereal or making crepes Rice milk has been the answer; it is slightly sweeter. Or if you're out of that or don't like it, fruit juices are an excellent substitute.

I ran out of rice milk and didn't have my normal cereal, there only was rice krispies. Yesterday I used homemade raspberry juice and today I used orange juice and cut up pieces of pear - delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment